TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
2. These terms and conditions are available on the Wild Bird Trust website at www.wildbirdtrust.com. and will be made available to participants via email on written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Wild Bird Trust reserves its right to amend or update any of these terms and conditions at any point in time, which amended / updated terms and conditions will be made available on the Wild Bird Trust website.
4. In the event of any contradictions or inconsistencies between these terms and conditions and any other communications or publications regarding a competition, these terms and conditions shall take precedence and will prevail.
5. Competitions are only open to South African citizens who are a resident of South Africa and who have complied with these terms and conditions. Entrants or participants under the age of 18 must obtain written permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
6. Competitions are not open to those persons who are a director, member, partner, employee or agent of the Wild Bird Trust or any consultant to the Wild Bird Trust, as well as any family members of the Wild Bird Trust employees, and any other person who is controlled or remunerated by the Wild Bird Trust.
7. By entering a competition, each entrant or participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Each entrant has the right to decline to take part in any post-event publicity and allowing the Wild Bird Trust to use his/her names and photographs in such publicity provided that, within 3 business days from the date that an entry is submitted, the entrant or participant sends written notification to Wild Bird Trust, at the email address email@example.com, of his/her decision to decline. If no such written notification is given to the Wild Bird Trust, then the entrant or participant is obliged to take part in any post event publicity held by the Wild bird Trust and any refusal to take part in such publicity will result in the forfeiture of the prize and disqualification from the competition.
9. By entering this prize draw, all entrants or participants consent to the use of their personal data by the Wild Bird Trust in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and for the purposes of the administration of a prize draw or any other reasonable purposes in relation to a competition.
10. Winners will be notified via email or telephone within 10 business days of the closing date. The winners must claim their prize within 10 business days of the Wild Bird Trust sending written notification via email or of the telephone call from Wild Bird Trust notifying them. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Wild Bird Trust reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. The Wild Bird Trust is not responsible for entries that are late, incomplete or that are not received due to technical problems of any sort.
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Wild Bird Trust shall not be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant or participant, or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that occurs to the entrant or participant under or in connection with their entry into or participation in a competition, or the acceptance and use of a prize.
13. The Wild Bird Trust is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant or participant, or any other person or third-party’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by the entrant or participant or any other person to enter into a competition.
14. Where applicable, winners will be determined by way of a random draw, or if not applicable, will be chosen by judge/s selected by Wild Bird Trust, which judge/s may be employees of the Wild Bird Trust.
15. The Wild Bird Trust is not responsible for any costs or expenses which an entrant or participant, or any other person, incurs in relation to their entry into or participation in a competition or their acceptance and/or use of a prize.
16. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, a SMS will be charged at the prevailing rate of your service provider – FreeSMSs do not apply.
17. Only one entry per person per competition will be permitted, and subsequent entries may not be honored or accepted and are not eligible to win any prizes.
18. The Wild Bird Trust accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Wild Bird Trust, or any other place of submission, by the relevant closing date for any reason. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Wild Bird Trust and are not returned.
19. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted and are not eligible to win any prizes.
20. Entries reflected on the Wild Bird Trust’s records will be regarded as the only validation source and will be the only sufficient evidence of successful entries.
21. Entrants or participants who are, or who appear to be, automatically generated by computer, robots or related software, or otherwise in bulk, will not be eligible for participation or to win any prizes.
22. Entrants or participants who commit any unlawful acts in their entry to or participation in or with regards to a competition shall be disqualified and be ineligible to win any prizes.
23. Prizes are not transferable for cash.
24. Prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable at the demand or request of the entrant or participant, and no entrant or participant may win more than one prize per competition.
25. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of any unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, the Wild Bird Trust reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion/competition without notice. No correspondences or notifications need to be sent to entrants or participants notifying them of the amendments to or foreclosure of competitions. 26. Should a legal dispute arise out of a competition or these terms and conditions, the entrants or participants consent to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa, Western Cape Division, Cape Town.
27. Should a competition be run on or via a social media platform such as Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, then the following additional rules will apply:
27.1. The entrant releases the social media platform from any liability in any respect.
27.2. Entrants may not inaccurately tag content, and such inaccurate tagging shall result in disqualification.
27.3. The entrants and The Wild Bird Trust acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the social media platform.
27.4. The entrants and The Wild Bird Trust acknowledge that they use the social media platform at their own risk.
27.5. The entrant may not use multiple accounts, and anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified.
27.6. Multiple entries in a single day will result in disqualification.
27.7. By entering, entrants agree to comply with the policies and rules set by that social media platform.
The competition closes on 30 September 2023 at 5pm.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive exciting news about our projects.